Not everyone’s got the balls to go up against the modification ‘norms’ of their platform because doing so invites the opinions of naysayers and know-it-alls.
But what if the end product is a combination of function and form comprised of parts only from reputable manufacturers, then what?
Well then you have a car like today’s Mustang, one that provokes conversation and stands out amongst its peers.
Phil started this build right where the Ford factory left off by installing a group of go fast modifications to the already supercharged Cobra from manufacturers such as: BilletFlow , JLT, Bassani, Steeda, LFP and Innovative.
Now the car now puts down a healthy 480 or so horsepower which means that the same people quick to share their dislike for this car on and secretly wish they could run with it on the highway.
Suspension wise the, no corners cut, Accuair/Ride-tech air install is sure to not only satisfy the ‘moar lows’ crowd but also please those who live by the phrase built not bought.
This suspension, which is the most recent modification done to the car, was carefully researched before hand to ensure that it both looked and performed better than the Cobra coupe suspension that preceded it.
Finally the aptly named CCW Classic wheels are sure to keep the wheel aficionados at bay because the timeless design of these high polished wheels suit the car perfectly, and the 275/295 tires that wrap these18x9 and 18×11 inch wheels are a direct nod to this Cobras performance roots.
If this car were described only by it’s stand out features, the CCWS, air ride, and boost would a Mustang be the image most conjured up? Probably not.
Does that make this car any less impressive? Definitely not.
Phil’s desire to head somewhat off the beaten path while still creating a car that is very much functional is exactly the type of thing that keeps this hobby interesting and I for one welcome more people willing to challenge the norm.
I would like to thank Phil for not only giving me the opportunity to feature his car, but also for being a long time reader, and putting me in touch with talented photographer who handled the lens work for this feature.
- GG&G “F*ckin’ Fast” shift knob
- Innovate G3 Air/Fuel ratio gauge
- Paint-matched CDC lightbar
- Bullitt Mustang side scoops
- Cobra grille emblem
- Black vinyl bumper letter inserts
- Accuair e-level air suspension kit with touchpad
- 5 gallon tank
- Dual chromed Viair 400C compressors
- RideTech CoolRide bags and plates
- Maximum Motorsports front Strut Tower Brace
- Kenny Brown Performance Extreme Matrix Subframe System
- CCW Classic 18×9.5 front with 275/35R18 Nitto INVO (post shoot)
- CCW Classic 18×11 rear with 295/35R18 Nitto INVO
- JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
- Stock TB and plenum ported by Stiegemeier
- 2.76″ BilletFlow blower pulley and 100mm idler
- Bassani stainless steel catted X-pipe
- Steeda stainless steel catback
- LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
- LFP Supertank intercooler reservoir
- Innovate LC-1 wideband O2 sensor
- SCT XCalibrator2 with custom tune
- MGW short shifter